About Texas Tumbleweed 100
Experience beautiful scenery, varying High Plains terrain, and unbeatable hospitality!! This ride is located in DUMAS, TEXAS which is located approximately fifty miles north of Amarillo. The ride will be managed and organized by volunteers and local bike enthusiasts to ensure you will have a safe and fantastic ride with plenty of food and drinks, full ride support (SAG, multiple rests stops, mechanic support, etc.) and of course, plenty of fun.
Cash prizes will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for both women and men’s divisions of the 100 mile course.
1st place – $300.00
2nd place – $150.00
3rd place – $50.00
HOST HOTEL & Spaghetti Dinner
The Hampton Hotel Inn & Suites is providing special room rates for Texas Tumbleweed riders and guests. Please call (806) 935-6666 and mention the TEXAS TUMBLEWEED 100.
Packet Pick-Up will be located at The Hoppy Place/The Toppled Turtle Brewery (102 E. 7th St.) from 5:30-7:30pm. Along with picking up your packet, you can enjoy our 3rd Annual Spaghetti Dinner which is FREE to all of our riders. The dinner will be hosted by the Dumas Rotary Club. Donations will be accepted for dinner and all proceeds will go to End Polio Now. Hope you join us for this fantastic meal!!
After picking up your packet and eating spaghetti, you may go and view our new START/FINISH location which is just down the street from the brewery at the intersection of 7th and Bliss at the northeast corner of the courthouse.
Changing our location will allow our riders, their friends, and their families to enjoy The Ears and Beers Festival which will be held at the same location. Come and enjoy shopping, various food trucks, games for children, and a beer if you choose. There is something for the entire family. ALL registered riders will receive a FREE admission ticket to The Ears and Beers Festival!!!
We will be respecting decisions made by the state of Texas due to Covid-19. We will be practice social distancing( if need be) for the safety of our riders. In the event that our event is cancelled due to Covid-19, we will offer full refunds.
DATE & TIME
Bike ride begins at 8:00AM on September 11th, 2021 at the intersection of 7th and Bliss (northeast corner of the courthouse) in Dumas, Texas. Free barbecue meal for all registered riders.
Showers and pool are available to all riders after the ride at the YMCA located at 1400 S. Maddox Avenue. Hot tub will also be available at the YMCA to all adult riders. Please remember to bring your own towel. Proceeds will benefit our local YMCA programs.
ROUTES & DISTANCES
- $40-50 – Adult Registration
- Kids Registration (13-17 y/o) FREE IF ACCOMPANIED BY A REGISTERED ADULT
- Kids under 12 ride free but must be accompanied by registered adult
- Price includes barbecue lunch for all riders following the ride!
- Lunch will be $10.00 for all non-riders.
- Online registration ends Thursday, September 9th at 10pm
- All proceeds benefit the YMCA of Moore County.
- We ride rain or shine! Sorry no refunds.
- All riders must wear a helmet.
- SWAG BAG FOR ALL REGISTERED RIDERS!!!
- There are 8 rest stops with bathrooms at each one.
- Our ride has SAG support for each route and law enforcement support for our rider’s safety.
- Every rider gets a medal!
- You may register the 10th all day at the YMCA or at packet pick-up from 5:30-7:30 pm at The Hoppy Place/The Toppled Turtle Brewery (102 E. 7th St.)
- You may also register the day of the ride starting at 6:30am at McDade Park located in the East Pavillion.
- Breakfast will be available at Hoppy Place/The Toppled turtle Brewery and will be hosted by The Dumas Lion’s Club.
- Chip timing for all registered riders
For questions please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or 806-935-4136
Texas Tumbleweed 100 Event Coordinator/Director
1400 S Maddox
Dumas TX, 79029